If you missed my top five baby items of the Top Ten list, click here.
Alright, thanks for stickin’ around. Here are the rest of My Favorite Baby Items:
6. Baby Bandana Drool Bibs- Cost $19.99. These are the modern day bib and so dang cute! Magnolia has pretty bad Acid Reflux, so these are a must because she is a fountain and I don’t feel like changing her outfit 4 times a day.
7. Fisher Price Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper- Cost $79.99. I would not have known about this if it wasn’t for my sister-in-law Heather. While I was pregnant she sent me a link on Amazon when it was $20 cheaper and said to nab it. I trusted her not knowing what it was. You need to do the same! Nab it! This bassinet type of bed is amazeballs! It has the perfect incline, especially for acid reflux, and rocks on it’s own for 30 min. or 6 hours! It’s compact and the height fits perfectly next to your bed if you want for convenient night feedings or binki duty. It also has white noise with volume control. Just plug it in, turn it on, and goodnight.
8. Dohm White Noise Machine- Cost $44.99. It’s a little on the high side for a white machine but that’s because it’s the best. Not attractive, not ugly, just one sound (airflow) but worth every penny when it keeps your baby sleeping longer. Not to mention my husband and I get better sleep with it on too.
9. Lucy Darling Shop Monthly Stickers and Baby Book- Every month I get excited to take Magnolia’s picture with one of these stickers on her outfit. It’s fun and sad to see her get bigger. I also love to measure her growth by laying her next to the same stuffed animal. Jellycat makes beautiful stuffed animals. The lion was gifted to Magnolia from her grandma and grandpa and special already. The Baby Book by Lucy Darling is so simple, to the point and adorable. Making milestones easy to record and so cute to look at.
10. Ollie Swaddle- Cost $59, (use my link and get 10% off!). I’m a huge believer in swaddling babies to help them sleep and sleep longer. Their arms and hands can be a big distraction so I say tuck those puppies in. The Ollie Swaddle is my favorite because Magnolia can not break out of it, unlike other swaddle blankets. The material it’s made of is super soft and breathable. It’s designed very thoughtfully by a mother and the velcro placement makes for a snug swaddle that will last hours. Just go to the website and you’ll see how amazing yourself. If you don’t want to “invest” in an Ollie, then my second pick for a swaddle blanket is what I have used for all of my babies. It mimics the thin flannel blankets from the hospital that have just the right amount of stretch. It’s called Swaddle Designs Cost: $15-25. Instructions are on the tag and easy to follow. You’ll be a swaddling pro before you know it and a believer if you stick with it.
My Favorite Swaddle:
My Second Favorite Swaddle:
(All opinions are my own with no compensation other than affiliate links)
Since I just had a baby, it only seems appropriate I do a baby post to get me up and going again on this blog/website. I feel pretty strong and passionate about some baby items I can’t imagine living without right now. So I’ve compiled a list of my top 10 items that have made this third go around so much easier. In random order:
- Doona Car Seat/Stroller– FAVORITE BABY PURCHASE EVER!!!! It has a stroller built in Yo! You can use it from 4-35 lbs. It clicks in and out of a base in your car so easily. It’s compact. It’s sleak looking. The handle bar moves up and down (great when in tight spaces or when your 6 yr old wants to push). And it swivels like an IKEA shopping cart. It costs $499. Yes, I know what you are thinking, that’s expensive, but all the car seat stroller systems I was looking out averaged about $399. Why not spend $100 more for convenience, ease, no separate stroller taking up room in your car…plus, I have heard that they resale wonderfully, and that’s what I’m planning to do (that’s why I bought the gray, even though they come in so many fun colors). I’ll put that money into the next car seat. Bam! My favorite thing is seeing peoples reaction when I just flip out those wheels and Oula!
- Doona Essential Bag– Costs around $50. IF you decide to pull the plug on a Doona Car Seat/Stroller, then definitely get the Essential Bag to go with it. They come in matching colors, it’s just the right size for what you need, plenty of pockets, and it clips onto the handle bar easily. The name is perfect because it truely carries all the baby essentials but not too big where you spend 5 minutes trying to find your keys. There are never sales on Doona, but you can sometimes score this bag for free like I did at Christmas Time from Albee Baby online store.
- Fawn Design Diaper Bag/Backpack– Costs around $159. I know there are a lot out there to choose from. This one is awesome. It doesn’t really look like a diaper bag which I like. It’s made out of practical and beautiful synthetic leather on the outside AND inside (for easy cleaning). I get compliments and asked about it every where I go. There are the classic colors it comes in like gray, black, and camel. Then there are the seasonal colors like plum, navy, blush, and poppy. They are always changing it up but just to warn you, they sell out quick, so get on their mailing list if the color you want is sold out. That’s how I got mine. Girl Baby=Blush. I had to have it!
- Ubbi Diaper Pail- I didn’t have a diaper pail with my first two babies because I was more into walking my butt to the garage to dispose the diaper every time instead of it stinkin’ up the nursery with so-so working diaper pails. Not anymore! I’m loving the Ubbi. I got it in gray because white seemed boring and sterile, yet I didn’t want to bring attention to it with a loud design. The powder coated steel and rubber seal locks in the odor. Just for an added touch, I like to throw in a new dryer sheet every time I change the bag. Speaking of bags…no special bag is required. You can use any tall kitchen bag, although I just bought the purple Ubbi bags out of convenience and I didn’t find them expensive.
- Copper Pearl Car Seat Cover- My sister and sister-in-law used these and I had to get one too. It has multi functions. Because its made from stretchy knit, it fits over every car seat. When I take the babes on stroller rides, it stays put and keeps her out of the sun without being too hot. I’ve also used it as a nursing cover and swaddle blanket. Multiple uses I tell ya!
Stay Tuned for the next 5 baby items!
(All opinions are my own with no compensation other than affiliate links)
July 1st, 2016, my life changed. I found out that I am pregnant! Yep, this 36 year old is going to have a baby! Therefore, my health journey has changed a bit. I am putting Take Shape For Life on pause until I start feeling better. My nausea is awful and food, other than buttered toast and chocolate milk, sounds gross. TSFL has a great program that I may start up soon called the 3-3. Where I eat 3 mini meals/snacks and 3 lean and green meals. I believe this is for maintenance, but I could see me losing a little and it being really good for my body nutritionally.
My Baby Journey
Many of you might know that when I had my second child, Paisley, 6 years ago I had a rough labor and delivery. My uterus ruptured in 3 different places. While getting stitched up, my doctor said I shouldn’t have any more babies, which was shocking and hard to hear. Then at my 2 week check up, she said, well, wait 3 years for your body to heal and maybe one more. So, three years later, my husband was unemployed for 1.5 years. I went back to teaching first grade for a year to buy him some time to find a good job. Then he did, and that is what brought us to Texas. After getting settled in Texas I was feeling pretty good with two children. I often thought that two kids is so doable. I started thinking about my career and was missing teaching. I even started a small interior design business that still to this day I am thoroughly enjoying. I started getting vain and “selfish” in a way, thinking (hoping) that my family was complete. My husband on the other hand was (more) than ready to start trying again. He got to the point where he was mad and angry with me and our relationship was really struggling.
After a lot of thought and prayer, I agreed to try again, totally trusting Heavenly Father. I got my IUD out July 2014. We have technically be trying for two years. I never had a problem getting pregnant with my first two, so why now? Like I said, I was very trusting of Heavenly Father. Phillip, was not. He thought that I wasn’t getting pregnant because I didn’t want to, and my body knows that. Being in limbo for two years (which I understand in the world of fertility is not very long sadly), I needed to give it my all to get pregnant then if not, move on. I was emotionally drained.
So we went on fertility. We both agreed on 3 months then call it quits. The first month was fine, but I never got a positive on my ovulation stick. The second month my Clomid was doubled and I gave myself a shot to help me ovulate. BINGO. It worked! One month away from quitting and I get pregnant. I truly believe that fertility is a personal decision. But for us, a little science helped us, and I’m grateful for that. I also think losing weight helped. Now I am 11 weeks along. I will deliver with a c-section on week 36 (February) as a safety precaution because the doctor does not want me to contract at all. I am just fine with delivering a little early, so no complaining here.
Now that I’m really pregnant, I look at this recent family picture and I know now that my family isn’t complete yet. We are missing someone. I’m so glad that I have the faith to know that I’m being cared for by a loving Heavenly Father. I’m so excited to be on this path to having another child and adding to this family. The girls are so happy and talk about “it” all the time. My husband…excited is an understatement. Let’s just say that he is happy and more helpful than ever. There will be a 6.5 year gap between my youngest and the baby, so it will definitely be a change around here. Starting all over is a little frightening, but I’m trying to focus on all the positives. I have already picked out my diaper bag for one. Cute huh? https://fawndesign.com